Lasha Kalandadze is the principal founder of Metric Law/Tax LLC. He is the Senior Partner responsible for overseeing all complex legal projects such as the writing of governmental trade agreements and discrete consultancy on legal matters for major investment groups. Kalandadze is renowned as a highly effective and results-oriented legal professional. He has been called to London, United Kingdom to act as an expert witness on Banking Law by major international law firms. Due to his experience in drafting legislation and enforcing the rule of law as a judge, he is in high demand for business partnerships.
- Member of the Georgian Bar Association and a practicing lawyer in civil, contract, commercial, civil procedure, economic, corporate, banking, bankruptcy, insurance and tort law.
- Internationally Accredited Mediator of CEDR (Center for Effective Dispute Resolution, London, UK) since 2013 and a member of the Board of Education of the Georgian Bar Association.
- Lecturer in various legal fields of Civil and Civil Procedural Law at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Ilia State University, the High School of Justice of Georgia and the Learning Center of Georgian Bar Association.
- Experience in presenting clients internationally.
- Helps foreign investors in establishing companies and businesses in Georgia. Provides them with support and effective advice on expanding their operations and attracting stakeholders, including cryptocurrencies, blockchain and all types of fintech.
- Judge at the Tbilisi Court of Appeals between 2004 and 2015. Deputy Chairman of Tbilisi Court of Appeals and Chairman of the Civil Law Chamber between 2006 and 2014.
- Involved in drafting a large part of Georgian legislation, including the Georgian Civil Code, Civil Procedure Code, Arbitration Law, Law on Enforcement Proceedings, Law on Entrepreneurs and Bankruptcy Law, etc.
- Member of the High Council of Justice of Georgia and a Head of the Disciplinary Board of Judges of Georgia between 2006 and 2013.
- National Correspondent at the European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ) for the European Council as well as a representative in the Network of Pilot Courts for the CEPEJ for the European Council between 2008 and 2015.
- Currently working on his PHD (Ivane Javakhishvili State University of Tbilisi);
- Trained judges, judicial candidates, court staff, attorneys, medical staff and journalists in cooperation with German and American judges and professors on many topics such as Termination of Contract; Insurance Law; Banking Law; Mediation – Alternative Dispute Resolution; Medical Mediation; Techniques for Settlement; Patient’s Rights and Responsibility of Health Care Professionals; Principle of Party Disposition and Adversarial System of Justice; Default Judgment and Security of Claim; Practical Seminars in Civil and Civil Procedure Law; Labor Law; Bankruptcy Law; Tort Law; Unjust Enrichment; Copyright and Neighboring Rights; Patent Law; Communication Standards for Judges; Judicial Behavior and Ethics; Decision Making Process of Judges; Legal Writing – Methods of Writing Decisions on Civil Cases; Unethical Behavior and Disciplinary Liability.
- Initiator of the introduction of the concept of mediation in Georgia.
- Participated in the hearings in foreign courts and international arbitrations as an expert.
- Practical recommendations to the Civil Procedure Law, coauthor (2010)
- General principles of communication within the courtroom, coauthor (2011)
- Current issues in civil proceedings, a practical guide, coauthor (2012)
- Legal Writing, coauthor (2017)
Shartava Street 40 (11th Floor)
0160 Tbilisi, Georgia
Phone | WhatsApp | Signal |
Telegram +995 577 462 515
Monday — Friday
10am — 7pm
Saturday — Sunday
By Appointment Only